Experience the difference with the Mediscan Team!
Exceptional and rewarding careers start here! Mediscan Therapy is currently seeking a School Psychologist for the 2016-2017 school year. The School Psychologist will work full time with the K-6th grade population in Tucson, AZ.
We specialize in placing clinicians in pediatric settings and we offer a variety of work options from per-diem or part-time to long term and travel positions, giving our employees more opportunities and flexibility.
Please Contact me for Immediate Consideration!
National Account Manager
“Every child deserves a champion – an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be.”
Example of Duties:
- Provides consultation to students, teachers, and other school personnel and parents regarding social, emotional behavioral and/or academic behavior.
- Performs and reports on psychological evaluations including comprehensive intellectual assessments of exceptional students.
- Administers individual assessments to students.
- Interprets the results of individual, class, school, and district assessments.
- Collaborates with site special education teams and multi-disciplinary teams in student assessment and placement and when making other special education related decisions.
- Serves as a resource to committees, school administrators and school personnel when dealing with issues and events that would benefit from the skill set of a school psychologist.
- Provides regular consultations to teachers and site administrators regarding student behavior.
- Serves as a liaison between students, parents, school staff, and community agencies involving issues and events that would benefit from the specific skill set of a school psychologist.
- Provides interpretations of evaluations received from outside agencies.
- Assures that students are placed in the least restrictive environment.
- Consults with students individually and in group settings on school related problems.
- Conducts site-based educational research, as needed.
- Consults with educators and other professionals regarding cognitive, affective, social and behavioral performance.
- Assesses the development needs and develops educational environments that meet those diverse needs.
- Intervenes to improve organizations and develop effective partnerships between parents and educators and other caretakers.
- Demonstrates an understanding of classroom and school environments.
- Maintains accurate and confidential records of students.
- Prepares detailed reports and other recordkeeping functions as required.
- Participates in trainings, conferences, meetings, workshops and other professional development activities, as required or assigned.
- Represents staff and District at meetings.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in psychology and Arizona certification as a School Psychologist (PSS), Ed.S., Educational Specialist, or Doctoral Degree preferred.
- National Certification as a School Psychologist or NCSP preferred.
- Valid Arizona fingerprint clearance card.
- Experience supervising others.
- Prefer familiarity with school District operations; work experience in a school setting is highly desirable.