Pediatric Speech Language Pathologist needed for a local K-8 school near Lansdowne, Pennslyvania. This Position will have the following responsibilities in an Elementary and nearby Middle School:
- Administers examinations to determine the nature and extent of impairment. Refers clients to outside specialists as appropriate.
- Develops individual education program (IEP) plan creating strategies to modify client behavior patterns that impede communication and treatment.
- Provides guidance and direction to educational staff by sharing information, delegating responsibilities, providing feedback and training, and engaging staff in intervention strategies.
- Provides individual and group instruction to students designed to increase communication competency. Engages students in learning, provides specific and timely feedback to students, and assesses progress.
- Effectively communicates student progress to educational staff, parents/guardians and home school district, responds to parental concerns engaging the family in the instructional process
- Master's Degree in Speech Pathology or equivalent
- Pennsylvania License and Teaching Certification
Preferred skills and experience:
• Familiar with special education terminology and IEP protocol.
• Work collaboratively with the classroom teachers and other team members.
• Write IEP goals and implement them.
• Provide remediation therapy in small groups both in and outside the classroom.
• Provide standard assessment and write reports.
• Attend IEP meetings.
Mediscan employees have access to the best tools and resources available including:
• Competitive weekly compensation
• Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
• Continuing Education Reimbursements
• Licensure/Certification Cost Reimbursement
Experience the difference with the Mediscan Team!